Remote telehealth is a group of technologies used to remotely monitor the health status of patients and control their treatment. Therefore, it is necessary to use telecommunication solutions and equipment that allow the exchange of medical information. Remote telehealth can also include a remote patient monitoring device for reading the vital signs of patients and sending them to healthcare professionals. It emerged with the popularity of telecommunications. As early as 1879, an article in the famous medical journal The Lancet raised some questions, that is, how to use telephone communication to reduce the number of visits for patients with minor health problems. In 1948, medical staff from two different treatment centers in Pennsylvania first sent radiograms of patient organs to each other by telephone. Today, remote telehealth has been widely practiced. By 2020, the remote telehealth market will be valued at US $60 billion and grow to US $72.7 billion in 2021. Now, let's discuss its benefits for patients and medical institutions.
1) Saves time and money: Online consultation is cheaper than actually seeing a doctor. In addition, patients do not have to wait in line.
2) Accessibility of experts: It is difficult to make appointments with highly specialized doctors at the local medical institutions of patients. Remote telehealth provides advice from experts from all over the world.
3) Security: RPM remote patient monitoring can reduce the potential risk of contact with other patients and the transmission of viruses and other pathogens.
4) When using the appropriate remote consultation system, the accessibility of the disabled can be guaranteed.
5) Patients can quickly consult a doctor in an emergency.
Remote telehealth improves the quality of service. Online patient management enables healthcare providers to establish closer contact with patients, and ultimately understand their health status more comprehensively, and adjust treatment in a timely manner. It also helps long-term nursing management and improve patient satisfaction.
1) Cost-saving: The flow of patients entering the treatment site is reduced, which decreases the burden of administrative staff.
2) Experience exchange: Remote telehealth makes it possible for experts from all over the world to participate in diagnosis and providing better care.
3) Learning opportunities: Even under the condition of distance learning, students can gain valuable experience and improve their skills.
4) Security: In the case of COVID-19 pandemic, the contact between doctors and patients has been reduced.
Founded in 2002, Transtek is committed to multiple health fields such as remote health and chronic disease management, providing customers with medical-grade "RPM devices" and "cloud services". Transtek has established a co-branded solution named TeleRPM since 2022, it stands for Quality & Value which is the best of Transtek. TeleRPM is an integrated solution which includes cellular blood pressure monitor, cellular weight scale, cellular blood glucose meter and all-round BLE package with AnyHub solution.